A toolbar helps you to gain access to different services with a single click. There are numerous toolbars available from various websites. While some of these toolbars help you make quick searches over the internet, others take you to different services. For example, the McAfee toolbar helps you to find out if the website you are viewing is safe or not. Similarly, a Yahoo toolbar helps you to search the internet and takes you to different Yahoo services. Babylon is another toolbar that helps you translate foreign words. All you need to do is enter the word that you wish to translate, in the toolbar, and obtain the results.
At times your internet browser might run slow after the installation of the Babylon toolbar. This is because your internet browser will take more time to load pages as it has the additional burden of loading the toolbar as well. In order to fix this issue, you need to remove Babylon toolbar. This will help you improve the speed of your internet browser. Let us see the steps involved in this process.
In order to remove Babylon toolbar, you need to follow the steps mentioned below carefully.
- The first thing to be done is to stop and exit the Babylon application running in the background. To do this, right click the icon for Babylon and from the options, choose Exit and then Yes. You can find this icon on the right end of your taskbar, near the system time.
- Select the option Start and then Run. In the Run window, enter appwiz.cpl and then select OK. This will take you to the screen, which lists all the programs installed in your computer.
- From the list of installed programs, select Babylon Toolbar and choose the option Uninstall. You will be asked to confirm your choice. Select Yes to uninstall the program.
- Select the option Start and then Computer. From the drives that are displayed, open the C: drive. Double click to open the folder Programs Files.
- This is the default folder where you can find the installation files for all your installed programs. Delete the folder Babylon by right clicking it and choosing the option Delete. Select Yes.
- Now, the Babylon files and folders are moved to the Recycle Bin. In order to remove Babylon toolbar, you need to empty the Recycle bin. For this, right click Recycle Bin and choose the option Empty Recycle Bin.
By following the above steps, you can remove Babylon toolbar from your computer. For additional assistance, you may contact Windows support center.