The UX Pack of Windows 8 will provide you with Windows 8 User Interface improvements like the theme and logon screen without altering the system files. This will prevent the risk of causing any harm to your system. With this package, you will be getting Windows 8 inspired themes and applications, making your system to look as much similar to Windows 8 as possible without touching the system files. As we move ahead with this article, you can see Windows 8 support information about the UX pack and its versions.
Windows 8 UX Pack 3.5
- Has the ability to offer uninstalling existing UX Pack product if it can be uninstalled from Control Panel.
- The logon screen wallpaper items have been corrected since the ones in developer preview is actually the lock screen.
- ViOrb has been replaced with Kishan Bagaria’s Windows 7 Start Orb Changer along with authentic orb from Windows 8 resources.
- The default Windows Aero theme has been updated to dj-corny’s Windows 8 Metro Mod 1.66
- Newgen background has been updated to properly match with Windows 8 Metro Start.
- The default configuration of user tiles to be unchecked as Windows 8 Developer Preview has been updated.
Windows 8 UX 3.0
- .NET Framework 4.0 requirements check has been added.
- Developer Preview item for default Desktop/Logon screen options has been added.
- ViOrb meant to change Taskbar’s Start Orb to ones in Windows 8 Developer Preview has been added.
- Uninstaller was added as a separate program in Programs and Features section.
- Wallpapers found in Windows 8 Developer Preview have been included.
- Launcher problems have been fixed with user account control (you won’t be asked for admin rights on startup).
- The un-installation code has been fixed.
- Mosaic has been replaced with latest Newgen 6.0 along with Windows 8′s tiles and UI configuration.
- Default Windows Aero theme has been updated to dj-corny’s Windows 8 Metro Mod 1.5.
Windows UX 2.0
- Aura for Aero’s auto-colorization feature has been added.
- Mosaic for Metro UI desktop emulation with pre-configured gadgets has been included.
- Zetro UI 1.1 for Windows 8 Metro inspired UI has been added.
- System versioning and dependency checking UI experiences has been improved.
- UserTile picture options with Windows 8 features selection have been replaced.
Desktop wallpaper to M3 from Windows 8 build 7989 has been updated.
That’s all with the Windows 8 support information about Windows 8UX pack and its versions. Thanks for reading!