With this article, I aim to provide you with a comprehensive account on enabling or disabling Windows from downloading device drivers automatically in Windows 8. Preceding versions of Windows 8 like Windows NT and Windows XP did not support this feature. Any operating system is required to be provided with necessary updates drivers from the Internet automatically within a fixed period of time. This feature is also able to significantly reduce the difficulty faced by the users while searching for drivers from the Internet manually. You won’t be required to make use of a CD and DVD in order to make this work. Updating drivers continuously is required in order to make the system work well. By default, Windows automatically gets its drivers updated for devices like printers, Keyboards etc. The instructions for the same are given below.
- Go to the Windows 8 OS. Move the cursor to the right bottom side. Click on the search box. You may specify what you want in the search box.
- Type the name Control Panel in the search box. Click on the Control Panel.
- 3. As soon as you open Control Panel, many programs will appear before you like System and Security, Network and Internet, Hardware and Sound, programs and others. Click “Ease of Access.”
- You will see the Ease of Access Window. Click on “Ease of Access Center.”
- You will see that the Ease of Access Center window is opened. Click on the “Change Logon Settings.”
- Click on the “Create a Restore Point for Backup.”
- You will see that the System Properties Window is open. Click on the “Device Installation Settings” beneath the Hardware Tab.
- You will find that by default the Driver Updates is enabled. Click on the second option. A list of options will appear before you.
Choose the one that you need. You may disable or opt for the best option in accordance with your current hardware device requirement.
That concludes the instructions to update Windows 8 drivers automatically. Feel free to contact the Windows 8 support center if you need further technical support. Also visit the corresponding website if the information in this article does not suffice.
I hope you found this article helpful. Thank you for reading.