Microsoft Network, popularly known as MSN, is a compilation of applications. Messenger is the most common MSN application that most of us have heard about but the MSN catalog of services also includes calendar and maps. Below we discuss the instructions from Windows live support to remove all the MSN applications.
- To uninstall MSN from your computer, first go to the Start menu by clicking on the Start button present at the left bottom corner of the screen.
- Click on the Control Panel option present in the right side pane of the Start menu to open the Control Panel window. Now find the Programs option and select the Uninstall a Program option in Windows Vista and Add or Remove Programs in Windows XP.
- When the window populates the programs installed in your system, look for MSN or Windows Live in the list. If you see many MSN or Windows Live associated programs among the list of programs, select the first and then click on the Uninstall button found at the top of the window to uninstall the program. Now repeat the same procedure for the rest of the Windows Live or MSN programs found in the list to remove all of them from your computer with the help of Windows live support.
- Now change your folder options so that it will show all the hidden files. To make this possible, open the My Computer window, then select the Tools menu in the top of the window, and select Folder options from the drop down menu.
- Now click on the View tab and then select the option that reads Show Hidden Files and Folders under the Hidden Files and Folders option.
- Now open the My Computer window and then open the local disk C by double clicking on the drive icon.
- Open the folder named Program files by double clicking on it and then search for any folders named MSN or Windows Live.
- Now select all the folders that are named MSN or Windows Live by pressing the CTRL button and then clicking on each of the folders. After selecting all of the folders, press the Delete button to delete all the associated files from your system.
If you follow the Windows live support steps given above, you can easily remove the MSN application form your system.Google+